Sunday, September 30, 2007

Comment Sysytem

B wasn't feeling good, so I decided to do some more work tonight.

I've done the basic comment system. Looks much better now, and it allows a one-level response. While the database and underlying business layer allow a infinite level of comment-response, I've chosen to limit to ONE level of responses.

I'm using Digg as the model of a social news site.. and in my opinion, their comment system has been out of control for some time now. I want Nozzl to be SIMPLE, easy to use, fast, etc. I may looking at allowing to go two levels down, but for now, one is going to be it.

The only thing I need to do now is voting. Got some of that in, in the DB and such, but need to get the page using it. Figure I should be able to do that by Sunday night, if Halo 3 doesn't DISTRACT me too much! :) (Not to mention BioShock).

I went ahead and cleaned the loader up. It's now threaded, and show some useful info:

And yes, if you are interested, the ENTIRE friggin site is dependent on that loader running on my laptop 24x7. I will eventually convert it to a a service - which should be easy, as both the web site and the loader use a class library to do everything - just need to write the service, set a timer, and make 2 calls every x mins (2, right now).

I was going to get voting in, but I'm past my programming/Guinness limit right now, so I guess it's time for some Halo!

No comments: